Open Space & Recreation Committee
- Diane Simms, Chairperson
- Sharon Friedman
- Perry DiMascio
- Rebecca Foster
- Allen Bryer
Open Space & Recreation Committee Meeting Schedule 2020
Minutes and Agendas
The Open Space and Recreation Committee’s charge is as follows:
- Review the most recent goals and objectives of the Mansfield Open Space and Recreation Plan and follow implementation recommendations as feasible and appropriate.
- Work to establish a process of ongoing review and updating the Town’s Open Space and Recreation Plan (OSRP) as appropriate. The next plan update is due in 2023.
- Maintain and update an inventory of Town-owned open spaces and recreational facilities Town-wide
- Based on the findings of the OSRP, work with the Board of Selectmen and other relevant Town boards, commissions, and committees to maintain a list of target properties considered desirable for protection for various municipal uses.
- Work with private property owners and non-profit agencies to identify opportunities to preserve priority open space properties. Work with the Town staff to research possibilities for outside funding for open space acquisition, management and recreation area improvements.
- Make recommendations to the Recreation Commission, the Conservation Commission, Board of Selectmen and to Town Meeting regarding the acquisition and management of open and recreational spaces for municipal purposes.
- Work with the Mansfield Conservation Commission regarding oversight and stewardship responsibilities for existing open space parcels, including maintenance of existing at passive recreation parcels (i.e. trail maintenance, updating kiosks and trail head signs, associated parking area maintenance).
- Work with the Mansfield Recreation Commission regarding oversight and stewardship responsibilities maintaining and updating existing recreation facilities.”
Open Space and Recreation PlanView Open Space and Recreation Plan