Mansfield Green Recycling Park & Compost Area
The Mansfield Green will be open on Monday, October 14, 2019 10am-4pm.
The Town of Mansfield operates a recycling park and compost area that provides a convenient way to recycle materials that are not collected in single-stream recycling bins, white goods (not bulky items), and yard waste.
The Mansfield Green Recycling Park and Compost Area is at the intersection of Route 106 and East Street.
10 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
8 a.m. to Noon
8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Note: During the month of November, the compost area is open on Sundays from 8 a.m. to Noon
Annual Sticker Requirement
The Mansfield Green Recycling Park is open to Mansfield residents whose vehicles have an up-to-date sticker affixed to their vehicle window. To purchase an annual sticker, bring your automobile registration and $20 (effective July 1st, 2018) to the Town Clerk’s office at Town Hall. The sticker will allow both resident parking at the Mansfield Train Station and the use of the Mansfield Green Recycling Park on a calendar-year basis. Vehicle stickers are not available for purchase at the Mansfield Green.
The Mansfield Green allows you to recycle white goods, yard waste, and other materials that in some cases cannot be recycled in your curbside single-stream bin. This includes:
- Clothing and textiles
- Fluorescent light bulbs (these should never be placed in the trash)
- Large metal and steel items, such as grills, bicycles, and bed frames
- Large pieces of Styrofoam (polystyrene)
- Motor oil
- Plastic items 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Propane tanks (sticker purchase required)
- TVs and computer monitors (sticker purchase required)
- White goods that contain Freon, such as refrigerators, humidifiers, and air conditioners (sticker purchase required)
- White goods that do not contain Freon, such as washers, dryers, dishwashers (no sticker purchase required)
The Mansfield Green Recycling Park accepts grass clippings, leaves, and small brush clippings. The diameter of branches cannot exceed 3 inches. You can dump paper bags that include these materials as well.
- Construction and demolition debris
- Plastic bags
Get more details on what you can and cannot recycle in Mansfield (PDF).