Disposing of bulky items (furniture, rugs, etc.) and “white goods” (appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.) can be a challenge. While Mansfield does offer curbside pickup of these items for a fee (PDF), you may first want to consider these options:
- Bring Non-Freon White Goods to the Mansfield Green Recycling Park: You can drop off your white goods to the Mansfield Green Recycling Park on East Street (but not bulky items). The Mansfield Green Recycling Park is open the following hours:
Saturday 8:00AM - 3:45PM
Sunday 8:00AM - 3:45PM
Monday 8:00AM - 12:00PM
Tuesday through Friday Closed
You will need a current Mansfield Green sticker on your car to gain entry. Stickers for your car can only be purchased at Mansfield Town Hall, Town Clerk's Office. Stickers for white goods can be purchased at Town Hall, Treasurer's Office or at the Mansfield Green Recycling Park (personal checks only). Learn more about the Mansfield Green Recycling Park.
- Waste Management will not pick up pianos as a bulky item or white good.
- Donate Your Bulky Items and White Goods to Charity: Some nonprofit organizations will accept donations of white goods (appliances) and bulky items (furniture) in good condition.
- Donate Through Freecycle: The Freecycle Network is a grassroots nonprofit movement of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns and neighborhoods. Their mission is to build a worldwide sharing movement that reduces waste, saves precious resources, and eases the burden on landfills.
- Schedule Curbside Pickup: To schedule a curbside pickup of bulky items or white goods, follow these steps:
- Purchase a bulky item sticker for $20 or a white goods sticker for $25 for each item you wish to have picked up. Stickers can be purchased at the Treasurer’s Office during regular business hours at Town Hall.
- Affix a sticker to each bulky item or white good.
- Call Waste Management at 800-972-4545 to schedule a curbside pickup. Waste Management will ask for your sticker numbers, so be sure to purchase your stickers before you call.
- Waste Management will not pick up pianos as a bulky item or a white good.
- You can also call a commercial waste hauler.
If you have additional questions, call the Mansfield Public Works Department at 508-261-7335.