Bulky Items & White Goods
Disposing of bulky items (furniture, mattresses, etc.) and “white goods” (appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.) can be a challenge. While Mansfield does offer curbside pickup of these items for a fee (PDF), you may first want to consider these options:
- Bring White Goods to the Mansfield Green Recycling Park: You can drop off your white goods to the Mansfield Green Recycling Park on East Street (but not bulky items). The Mansfield Green Recycling Park is open the following hours:
8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
10 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
8 a.m. to Noon
You will need a current Mansfield Green sticker on your car to gain entry. Stickers for your car can only be purchased at Mansfield Town Hall. Stickers for white goods can be purchased at Town Hall or at the Mansfield Green Recycling Park (personal checks only). Learn more about the Mansfield Green Recycling Park.
- Donate Your Bulky Items and White Goods to Charity: Some nonprofit organizations will accept donations of white goods (appliances) and bulky items (furniture) in good condition.
- Bring Your Bulky Items and White Goods to a Commercial Transfer Station: If you have the ability to transport bulky items and white goods on your own, you can transport them to the Waste Management Taunton Landfill at:
340 E Brittania Street
Monday to Friday
7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
7 a.m. to Noon
Disposal fees are based on the weight of each item. Household hazardous waste is not accepted. Call 508-821-4444 or visit the Landfill website for more details.
- Donate Through Freecycle: The Freecycle Network is a grassroots nonprofit movement of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns and neighborhoods. Their mission is to build a worldwide sharing movement that reduces waste, saves precious resources, and eases the burden on landfills.
- Schedule Curbside Pickup: To schedule a curbside pickup of bulky items or white goods, follow these steps:
- Purchase a bulky item sticker for $20 or a white goods sticker for $25 for each item you wish to have picked up (effective July 1st, 2018). Stickers can be purchased at the Treasurer’s Office at Town Hall. Town Hall is open until 8 p.m. on Wednesdays.
- Affix a sticker to each bulky item or white good.
- Call Waste Management at 800-972-4545 to schedule a curbside pickup. Waste Management will ask for your sticker numbers, so be sure to purchase your stickers before you call.
- You can also call a commercial hauler, such as 800-468-5865.
If you have additional questions, call the Mansfield Public Works Department at 508-261-7335.