A five member committee consisting of one current member each from the Select Board, School Committee and Finance Committee plus two at-large members appointed by the Select Board and School Committee jointly and serving a two year term.
- Jess Aptowitz, Select Board
- Mike DeSantis, Finance Committee
- Christie Martin, Select Board & School Committee Appointment
Term expires: June 30, 2019
- Kris Mousette, Select Board & School Committee Appointment
Term expires: June 30, 2020
- Kiera O’Neil, School Committee
Specific duties of the Audit Committee shall include, but are not limited to:
- Any other duties that are ordinarily performed by governmental audit committees, whenever necessary or appropriate.
- Establish a confidential process to receive, investigate and advise the Town Manager and Select Board about complaints and questions regarding accounting or management practices from Town employees.
- Relationship, scope of services, and oversight of the work of independent accountant(s) and independent auditor(s) retained to issue independent reports, audits or other services for the Town.
- Report annually to the Select Board how the Audit Committee discharged its duties and responsibilities for the immediately preceding audit and advise the Board of Selectmen, as appropriate.
- Review and monitor the Town’s financial reports, reporting processes and internal controls.
- Review management letters and similar communications, the Town’s response, and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Subject to the availability of funding, engage financial experts in connection with the performance of its duties under this bylaw.