The Management Information Systems (MIS) Department was created in 1999 to provide technical support to Town employees and to act as a focal point for future technological improvements and initiatives. Later, the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) office was added to support the town departments with maps of all utility systems, public safety relevant geographical analyses, and assessors information. Although MIS does not directly support the citizens of Mansfield, services rendered to the other Town offices, ultimately result in improved community services and streamlined operations.
MIS / GIS Department’s Responsibilities
The following are the responsibilities of the Information Systems:
- Centralize purchasing of computer hardware and software for all departments
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) - management, service and support
- Overall Technical Support of ITsystems:
- Council on Aging
- Public Safety
- Public Works
- Town Hall Offices
- Town Website - development, service and support
- Training and educational of town employees on available information technologies, used by the organization
- Town Network and Security - management, service and support of all network layers; monitoring and cooperative support of town fiber along with Mansfield Municipal Electric Department
Other Helpful Information
Data and information is provided by the GIS system, with the understanding that it is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. All data is subject to change and periodic updates. The Town of Mansfield makes no claims, representations or warranties, express or implied, concerning the validity, reliability or the accuracy of the GIS data and GIS data products furnished by the Town, specifically including the implied or expressed validity of any uses of such data.
Staff Maps are available within the Town Network.