|Mansfield Town Hall, 3rd floor
6 Park Row, Mansfield, MA 02048
|There shall be a board of selectmen consisting of five members elected by the voters of the town for three-year overlapping terms such that the term of office of at least one member but not more than two expire each year. If on the same ballot there are two or more seats vacant with varying terms of office, the longest terms of office shall accrue the candidates receiving the highest number of votes in succession.
If a vacancy occurs in the membership of the board, the remaining members shall call a special election to fill the vacancy for the remainder of the unexpired term. However, if a vacancy occurs less than 90 days prior to the annual election and if not less than three selectmen remain in office, the vacancy shall remain unfilled until such annual election. In no case shall a special election be held within 30 days prior to the annual election.
The board of selectmen shall be the chief policy-making body for the municipal government, except the school department. It will be the primary responsibility of the board to coordinate the long-range objectives of the town, particularly those of a comprehensive planning program, and to formulate policy for the implementation of programs necessary to fulfill those objectives, and shall report thereon semiannually to the voters. In addition, the board shall have the following powers and duties:
|Phone: (508) 261-7372
Mon/Tue/Thu 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wed 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Fri 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.5 members, 3 year terms
Meeting Date: Wednesday at 6:30 PM (varies)
Meeting Place: Town Hall, Room 3 A/B
|Member – Term:
Michael A. Trowbridge, Sr., Chairman – 2019
Jess Aptowitz, Vice Chairman – 2020
Frank DelVecchio, Selectman– 2020
Neil Rhein, Selectman – 2021
Steve Schoonveld, Clerk– 2019
Carrie Champagne, Board of Selectmen’s Executive Secretary
|Deadline for weekly meeting correspondence is the Friday before each meeting. E-mail sent to all selectmen via Contact us form will be manually forwarded to each selectman’s account by the liaison.|
|All e-mails sent through www.mansfieldma.com become public record.|
- Board of Selectmen Goals and Objectives FY2017
- Bring Your Own Bottle – Regulations
- Parking Along Old Colony Trail
- Special Event Permit Application
The Board of Selectmen is proud to support a variety of organizations and non-profits through co-ordination and guidance with special events that contribute to the energy of the Town. Read more…
- Please contact the Board of Selectmen’s office with any questions or concerns regarding:
- Licensing: Alcohol, Auto Sales, Commercial Parking, Common Victualler, Entertainment, Hackney and Lodging
- Permitting: Block Parties, Carnivals/ Festivals, Parades, Road Races and Fee Waiver Requests
- Signage: Banners for placement over Route 106 and Signs for placement on the Town commons
- Selectmen Meetings Video Recordings
- Selectmen’s Minutes (Minutes are published on this site for your convenience. See disclaimer. Official copies of minutes may be obtained from the Town Clerk’s Office.)
- Selectmen’s Information Packets