|Mansfield Green will accept trees and brush larger than 4″ for this storm event only. Mansfield Green will accept trees and brush from residents only and not from commercial tree companies. Tree stumps will not be accepted. The Mansfield Green hours have been extended through next week. The Green will be open to accept trees, brush, and compost from 8am-4pm Sunday, March 4th – Sunday, March 18th.|
The Town of Mansfield operates a recycling park and compost area (the Mansfield Green Recycling Park) that provides a convenient way to recycle materials that are not collected in single-stream recycling bins, white goods, (but not bulky items), and yard waste.
Location: The intersection of Route 106 and East Street.
Hours: Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., and Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or as otherwise posted.
Note: During the month of November, the compost area is open on Sundays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Annual Sticker Requirement: The Mansfield Green Recycling Park is open to Mansfield residents whose vehicles have an up-to-date sticker affixed to their vehicle window. To purchase an annual sticker, bring your automobile registration and $10 to the Town Clerk’s office at Town Hall (6 Park Row). The sticker will allow both resident parking at the Mansfield Train Station and the use of the Mansfield Green Recycling Park on a calendar-year basis. Vehicle stickers are not available for purchase at the Mansfield Green.
Accepted Materials: The Mansfield Green allows you to recycle white goods, yard waste, and other materials that in some cases cannot be recycled in your curbside single-stream bin. This includes:
- White goods that contain Freon, such as refrigerators, humidifiers, and air conditioners (sticker purchase required)
- TVs and computer monitors (sticker purchase required)
- Propane tanks (sticker purchase required)
- White goods that do not contain Freon, such as washers, dryers, dishwashers (no sticker purchase required)
- Large metal and steel items, such as grills, bicycles, and bed frames
- Large pieces of Styrofoam (polystyrene)
- Plastic items #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7
- Fluorescent light bulbs (these should never be placed in the trash)
- Motor oil
- Clothing and textiles
Yard Waste: The Mansfield Green Recycling Park accepts grass clippings, leaves, and small brush clippings. The diameter of branches cannot exceed 3 inches. You can dump paper bags that include these materials as well.
- Plastic bags
- Construction and demolition debris