Bulky Items and White Goods
Disposing of bulky items (furniture, mattresses, etc.) and “white goods” (appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.) can be a challenge. While Mansfield does offer curbside pickup of these items for a fee (see fee schedule and guidelines), you may first want to consider these options:
1. Bring White Goods to the Mansfield Green Recycling Park.
You can drop off your white goods to the Mansfield Green Recycling Park on East Street (but not bulky items).
The Mansfield Green Recycling Park is open Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., and Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. You will need a current Mansfield Green sticker on your car to gain entry. Stickers for your car can only be purchased at Mansfield Town Hall. Stickers for white goods can be purchased at Town Hall or at the Mansfield Green Recycling Park (personal checks only).
2. Donate Your Bulky Items and White Goods to Charity
Some nonprofit organizations will accept donations of white goods (appliances) and bulky items (furniture) in good condition. These include:
- My Brother’s Keeper: Call 508-238-7512 or visit www.mybrotherskeeper.org.
- Habitat for Humanity of MetroWest/Greater Worcester. Call 508-439-7655 ext. 128 or visit www.habitatmwgw.org/restore.
3. Bring Your Bulky Items and White Goods to a Commercial Transfer Station
If you have the ability to transport bulky items and white goods on your own, you can transport them to the Waste Management Taunton Landfill at 340 East Brittania Street in Taunton, MA. Open Mon-Fri: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Disposal fees are based on the weight of each item. Household hazardous waste is not accepted. Call (508) 821-4444 or visit http://www.taunton-ma.gov/taunton-landfill for more details.
4. Donate Through Freecycle
The Freecycle Network is a grassroots nonprofit movement of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns and neighborhoods. Their mission is to build a worldwide sharing movement that reduces waste, saves precious resources, and eases the burden on landfills. Learn more at https://www.freecycle.org.
5. Schedule curbside pickup
To schedule a curbside pickup of bulky items or white goods, follow these steps:
- Purchase a bulky item sticker for $15.00 or a white goods sticker for $20.00 for each item you wish to have picked up. Stickers can be purchased at the Treasurer’s Office at Town Hall. Town Hall is open until 8:00 p.m. on Wednesdays.
- Affix a sticker to each bulky item or white good.
- Call Waste Management at 1-800-972-4545 to schedule a curbside pickup. Note: Waste Management will ask for your sticker number(s), so be sure to purchase your stickers before you call.
You can also call a commercial hauler, such as 1-800-GOT-JUNK.
If you have additional questions, call the Mansfield DPW at 508-261-7335.