|MANSFIELD BOARD OF ASSESSORS||The Board of Assessors are responsible for the fair and equitable valuation of all real and personal property in the town, according to the laws of the Commonwealth. The Board also reviews requests for abaterments and statutory exemptions. The Board of Assessors is responsible for annual reporting to the Board of Selectman for determining classification in the tax rate setting process. The board of selectmen shall appoint a board of assessors consisting of three members for terms of three years such that one term shall expire each year.
The board of assessors shall annually make a fair cash valuation of all the estates, real and personal, subject to taxation within the town. The board of assessors shall exercise all the powers and duties of boards of assessors under the General Laws 14-24
|Gregory Matoian, Chairman
Andrew Bank, Clerk
Dana St. James
|Nancy L Hinote, MAA
Assistant Assessor and Office Manager
|Town Hall, Second floor
Phone: (508) 261-7350
FAX: (508) 261-1083
Email: Contact us
Mon/Tue/Thu 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wed 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Fri 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Other Helpful Information
- Abutters Certification Form
- Qualifications for Real Estate Exemptions
- Instructions for Filing Excise Tax Abatements
- Motor Vehicle & Trailer Values
- Request to Change Mailing Address for Billing
The Board of Selectman has established a Split Tax Rate for Fiscal Year 2017
Residential = $15.02
Commercial, Industrial, Personal Property = $20.08
Valuation for Real Estate = $ 3,421,402,156
Valuation of Personal Property = $148,533,420
Total Taxable Value = $3,569,935,576
The FY 2017 deadline for applications for abatement on Real & Personal Property under MGL Chapter 59, Section 59, must be received in the Assessor’s Office by 8:00 PM, Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Statutory Clause Exemptions are on April 1, 2017
- How Do We Set the Tax Rate?
- Establishing Real and Personal Property Valuation
- Process abatement requests for real estate and personal property
- Process abatement requests for excise tax
- Process exemptions for real estate (Elderly, Veteran, Blind, Surviving Spouse, Financial Condition)
- Provide monthly reports to the Treasurer and Town Accountant for above-listed services
- Identify municipal lien certificates
- Certify abutter’s list