|Members:Frank DelVecchio – Board of Selectmen
Mike DeSantis – Finance Committee
George Sommer – BOS and School Committee Appointment – June 30, 2018
Kiera O’Neil – School Committee
James Ragazzo – BOS and School Committee Appointment – June 30, 2017
|A five (5) member committee consisting of one (1) current member each from the Board of Selectmen, School Committee and Finance Committee plus two (2) at-large members appointed by the Board of Selectmen and School Committee jointly and serving a two (2) year term. Specific duties of the Audit Committee shall include, but are not limited to:
- Relationship, scope of services, and oversight of the work of independent accountant(s) and independent auditor(s) retained to issue independent reports, audits or other services for the Town.
- Review management letters and similar communications, the Town’s response, and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Review and monitor the Town’s financial reports, reporting processes and internal controls.
- Establish a confidential process to receive, investigate and advise the Town Manager and Board of Selectmen about complaints and questions regarding accounting or management practices from Town employees.
- Report annually to the Board of Selectmen how the Audit Committee discharged its duties and responsibilities for the immediately preceding audit and advise the Board of Selectmen, as appropriate.
- Subject to the availability of funding, engage financial experts in connection with the performance of its duties under this bylaw.
- Any other duties that are ordinarily performed by governmental audit committees, whenever necessary or appropriate.