The following applies for the sale of a home
Appointments for Home Smoke Detector inspections (26f) are held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 9:a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Someone MUST be present at the time of inspection. No inspections will be conducted without the homeowner or their representative.
- In order to make an appointment for a home smoke detector inspection, you MUST come to the Plymouth Street station and fill out a form.
- The inspection fees are listed here.
- Checks should be made payable to the Town of Mansfield.
- Inspections are NOT done the same day an appointment is made. Please be sure to allow enough time to get an appointment prior to your closing date.
- In the event your smoke detectors fail inspection, you must go through the process again, and you may be subject to re-inspection fee.
- Smoke detector certificates are good for 60 days.