Collection Program Guidelines
- Trash and Recycling must be at curbside by 7:00 AM on your designated collection day
- Please separate your recycle cart from your trash by 3 feet if possible so it can be easily identified by the collector
- All trash must be contained in the cart issued by the contractor to be collected. No material left outside the cart will be collected. Bag all trash to prevent litter
- Trash and recycle carts must be placed at the edge of the roadway with wheels facing away from the street. Do not place your cart within 3 feet of any obstruction.(trees, mailboxes, etc.)
- No construction materials from renovation projects or wood of any kind will be collected
- Recyclable materials are collected every week on your regular collection day.
Safe Use and Care of Cart
- Always keep the lid closed to keep rain, snow, and animals out
- Do not place any unacceptable materials in the carts such as paint, solvents, wood, hot ashes, sand, rocks, yard waste, etc.
- Use the handle provided to move the cart. Tilt cart on wheels and roll. Remember to pull the cart uphill and push the cart downhill
- Remove your cart as soon as possible after collection to maintain appearance of the neighborhood
- To clean, simply rinse with water from time to time and let dry in the sunlight with the lid open
Problem With Your Cart?
The cart is a durable plastic cart that when used properly will provide years of maintenance free use. Should a problem occur (broken wheel, lid etc.) please contact Waste Management at 800-972-4545 to request a repair.
There will be one day delay if trash/recycling pick up occurs on the following holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
If New Years Day, Christmas Day or Independence Day falls on a weekend day, or during inclement weather, please refer to your local cable station, local newspapers, and the Town’s Facebook and Twitter web pages for more information.
Bulky item and white goods collection
Residents are required to schedule White Goods and Bulky item pickups. Bulky refers to items that cannot fit into the 64-gallon trash cart such as furniture, box springs, mattresses, desks, chairs, etc. White Goods are any appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, dryers, dishwashers, etc.
Bulky Items are required to have a “Bulky Item” sticker affixed to the item. White Goods are required to have a “White Goods” sticker affixed to them. The cost for these sticker is: White Goods $20.00 and Bulky Items $15.00. Stickers can be purchased from the Treasurer’s Office. (The Town Hall is open until 8:00 PM on Wednesdays)